Transfer Switches 101
This is a hybrid classroom / lab experience with live hands-on equipment.
This is an introduction to transfer switches. In this class, we’ll be taking an up close and personal dive into both manual and automatic transfer switches. This class is not brand specific – we will be addressing many of the major transfer switch manufacturers such as Generac, Kohler, Onan / Cummins, and ASCO in addition to covering both old and new equipment. The purpose of this class will to be familiarize the students with how a transfer switch functions, safety, installation / setup and basic operation on both commercial and residential product.
- This is a 24-hour course spanning over 3-days, with 8-hours per day.
- Taught in English
- Limited to 10 students
This is a 24-hour course spanning over 3-days, with 8-hours per day.
Taught in English
Limited to 10 students
- Understand the difference between manual and automatic transfer switches.
- Comfortably approach a variety of different transfer switches and install them.
- Safely transfer power from source to source using both automatic and manual operation.
- Adjust system parameters.
- Familiarize themselves with basic wiring schematics and symbols.
- Be able to fill out required documentation during inspections.
- Be able to take good quality thermal imaging photos to allow more experienced techs an opportunity to diagnose a possible issue.
Student Minimum Qualifications to Attend
Minimum Required Equipment & Safety Gear
Call for Details: Discounted Rate available if student registers for all 10 modules / 6 week beginner program, 603-363-4842.
All registration fees are to be paid in full prior to the first day of class.
Please send checks payable to Mongoose Power Solutions c/o OPA! to PO Box 13, Spofford, NH 03462
Travel and Accommodations
Hotel Reservations are not included with registration and are the responsibility of the attendee/employer to arrange.
Click here for our hotel and travel recommendations.