PSI Engines Fuel Systems
Hands on learning experiences include engine sensor location and base engine walkthrough, 5.7L engine distributor removal and replacement. Application of systems knowledge is assessed during engine operation including bugging and fault detection, graphing, and cataloging current and historical faults, and corrective actions.
Students should bring their laptops for installation and practical exercises utilizing the 4G and Service Tool. Students with company-restricted laptops are encouraged to ensure the 4G software is installed before attending class. IT Managers can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for current 4G software downloads.
This is a 2-day, 8-hour per day course taught in English.
Limited to 10 students.
The class is offered on a Tuesday/Wednesday from 8:00am – 5:00pm with a 1-hour lunch.
At the completion of this class, students should be able to:
- Identify current fuel technology (NG/LPG)
- Identify fuel system components and how they interact
- Remove and replace 5.7L/4.3L distributor
- Set up PC to accept E-Control Software
- Use E-Control Software
- Use the plotter function
- Troubleshoot faults and misfires
- Operating engine practical exercises
Student Minimum Qualifications to Attend
This class is part of our “6 week entry level / beginner / apprentice program” and is intended for students that are new to the industry with very limited experience. This is designed to get your feet off the ground and safely start servicing this equipment.
- Basic understanding of how to use a digital multi-meter (DVOM)
- Basic generator understanding (operation, start / stop, residential VS commercial etc.)
- Basic understanding of engine operation
- Basic understanding of generator alternator operation.
Minimum Required Equipment & Safety Gear
- Steel toe or composite toe, electrical rated work boots
- ANSI approved safety glasses
- Hearing protection
- Technician Laptop with Installed PSI 4G software downloads.
All registration fees are to be paid in full prior to the first day of class.
Please send checks payable to Mongoose Power Solutions c/o OPA! to PO Box 13, Spofford, NH 03462
Travel and Accommodations
Hotel Reservations are not included with registration and are the responsibility of the attendee/employer to arrange.
Click here for our hotel and travel recommendations.