Liquid Cooled Engines 101
This is a mostly in lab experience with live hands-on equipment in order to give students real world experience in an environment they can practice. This will be catered towards apprentice/entry level students who have little to no engine experience at all.
This class takes what students have acquired from the air-cooled engines class and expands upon that information by diving head first into larger engines that utilize liquid cooling systems instead of air. Here, students will disassemble larger engines in groups – providing them with first hand experience how these systems are assembled and the importance of a quality maintenance programs, combined with the correct coolant for that type of engine.
This is a 16-Hour course spanning over two days, with 8-Hours per day
Taught in English
Limited to 10 students
At the completion of this class, students should be able to:
- Identify internal and external engine components used in residential, commercial, and industrial internal combustion engines using liquid cooling systems.
- Discuss and apply modern, proper cooling system maintenance practices.
- Discuss and apply proper coolant filter use and installation.
- Discuss the implications of improper cooling system maintenance with fellow co-workers and customers.
- Provide basic troubleshooting on liquid cooled engines of all sizes in regard to heat management.
Student Minimum Qualifications to Attend
This class is part of our “6 week entry level / beginner track program” and is intended for students that are new to the industry with very limited experience. This is designed to get your feet off the ground and safely start servicing this equipment.
- *Attend “Air-cooled engines 101”
- Basic understanding of how to use a digital multi-meter (DVOM)
- Basic understanding of genset operation including starting / stopping, automatic operation.
- Basic understanding of how to use a computer.
Minimum Required Equipment & Safety Gear
- Steel toe or composite toe, electrical rated work boots.
- ANSI Z87.1 approved safety glasses.
- Appropriate work attire for a shop environment
- Appropriate hearing protection for operation of generators indoors.
- Notebook and pen / pencil or laptop for notetaking. (Laptops are preferred)
Call for Details: Discounted Rate available if student registers for all 10 modules / 6 week beginner program, 603-363-4842.
All registration fees are to be paid in full prior to the first day of class.
Please send checks payable to Mongoose Power Solutions c/o OPA! to PO Box 13, Spofford, NH 03462
Travel and Accommodations
Hotel Reservations are not included with registration and are the responsibility of the attendee/employer to arrange.
Click here for our hotel and travel recommendations.