Introduction to Load Banking
- Steel toe or composite toe, electrical rated work boots.
- ANSI approved safety glasses.
- ANSI approved cut resistant gloves
- Appropriate work attire for a shop environment
- Appropriate hearing protection for operation of generators indoors.
- Notebook and pen / pencil or laptop for notetaking. (Laptops are preferred)
Choose a class below
After completion of this class, students will be able to:
- Comfortably discuss, understand, and explain the load banking process.
- Properly connect a load bank to a customer’s genset.
- Perform load bank testing on live equipment
- Learn how to employ load banks for more than just NFPA required intervals.
- Secure an area needed during testing to ensure public safety.
- Be able to fill out required documentation for the testing process, plus look at a variety of other parameters to locate issues before they become a problem.
Student Minimum Qualifications to Attend
This class is part of our “6 week apprenticeship program” and is intended for students that are new to the industry with very limited experience. This is designed to get your feet off the ground and safely start servicing this equipment.
- Basic understanding of how to use a digital multi-meter (DVOM)
- Basic understanding of how to use a computer.
- Basic understanding of how an engine works.
- Basic understanding of how a generator works.
Minimum Required Equipment & Safety Gear
All registration fees are to be paid in full prior to the first day of class. Please send checks payable to Mongoose Power Solutions, c/o OPA! to PO Box 13, Spofford, NH 03462
Travel and Accommodations
Hotel Reservations are not included with registration and are the responsibility of the attendee/employer to arrange.
Click here for our hotel and travel recommendations.