Gaseous & Diesel Fuel Systems 101
We’ve set this up to take an entry level technician and get them familiar with system identification, proper service, and basic maintenance as a solid baseline to work off of. We will specifically cover propane, natural gas and diesel powered gensets – if you have interest in other fuel systems, we suggest receiving specific training from those manufacturers.
This is a 16-hour, 2-day, 8-hour per day course
Taught in English
Class is limited to 10 students
Choose a class below
At the completion of this class, students should be able to:
- Identify propane and natural gas fuel systems.
- Identify the proper pressures these gaseous systems operate at.
- Identify a variety of common diesel fuel systems, such as PNL, Common Rail, unit pump and more.
- Properly service these fuel systems to ensure reliable and consistent engine life.
- Connect diagnostic gauges for basic pressure measurements.
Student Minimum Qualifications to Attend
This class is part of our “6 week entry level / beginner / apprentice program” and is intended for students that are new to the industry with very limited experience. This is designed to get your feet off the ground and safely start servicing this equipment.
- Basic understanding of how to use a digital multi-meter (DVOM)
- Basic understanding of how to use a computer.
- Basic understanding of how an engine works.
Minimum Required Equipment & Safety Gear
- Steel toe or composite toe, electrical rated work boots.
- ANSI Z87.1 approved safety glasses.
- Appropriate work attire for a shop environment
- Appropriate hearing protection for operation of generators indoors.
- Notebook and pen / pencil or laptop for notetaking.
(Laptops are preferred)
Call for Details: Discounted Rate available if student registers for all 10 modules / 6 week beginner program, 603-363-4842.
All registration fees are to be paid in full prior to the first day of class.
Please send checks payable to Mongoose Power Solutions c/o OPA! to PO Box 13, Spofford, NH 03462
Travel and Accommodations
Hotel Reservations are not included with registration and are the responsibility of the attendee/employer to arrange.
Click here for our hotel and travel recommendations.