AC/DC Components 101
Batteries, Voltage Regulators, Relays, Solenoids, DC Motors, Connectors
This is a familiarization class designed to put students right smack in front of all different types of electrical equipment – allowing them to become familiar with their operation and testing procedures. This class will get students familiar with finding resources to read and understanding basic electrical schematics. From there, we will dig into getting students familiar with trusting and relying on their meters. This buildup involves testing things like solenoids, fuses, relays etc.
This is a 24-hour course spanning over three days, with 8-hours per day.
This class is taught in English
Limited to 10 students
Choose a class below
At the completion of this class, students should be able to:
- Read elementary wiring schematics and locate resources to understand the symbols.
- Assemble basic wiring circuits.
- Test simple AC electrical components, such as circuit breakers, lights, generator output etc.
- Test simple DC electrical components, such as relays, solenoids, fuses, starters etc.
- Comfortably use their multi-meter to verify a parts “pass” or “fail” conditions.
Student Minimum Qualifications to Attend
This class is part of our “6 week entry level / beginner / apprentice program” and is intended for students that are new to the industry with very limited experience. This is designed to get your feet off the ground and safely start servicing this equipment.
- Basic generator understanding (operation, start / stop, residential VS commercial etc.)
Minimum Required Equipment & Safety Gear
- Steel toe or composite toe, electrical rated work boots.
- ANSI Z87.1 approved safety glasses.
- ANSI approved cut resistant gloves
- Appropriate work attire for a shop environment
- Appropriate hearing protection for operation of generators indoors.
- Notebook and pen / pencil or laptop for notetaking. (Laptops are preferred)
Call for Details: Discounted Rate available if student registers for all 10 modules / 6 week beginner program, 603-363-4842.
All registration fees are to be paid in full prior to the first day of class.
Please send checks payable to Mongoose Power Solutions c/o OPA! to PO Box 13, Spofford, NH 03462
Travel and Accommodations
Hotel Reservations are not included with registration and are the responsibility of the attendee/employer to arrange.
Click here for our hotel and travel recommendations.